2Please see below for everything you need to know about electric rates such as rates table, calculation, how to pay your electric bills, etc.
Please be aware that households in Korea have to pay electric bills according to progressive rates based on the amount of electricity consumed.
Rates table (Residential customers including apartments and houses)
|Basic charge = (won/household)||Energy charge = (won/kWh)|
|1 ~ 200kWh = ￦910||1 ~200kWh = ￦93.3|
|201 ~ 400kWh = ￦1,600||201 ~400kWh = ￦187.9|
|401kWh ~ = ￦7,300||401kWh ~ = ￦280.6|
|*For residential use, rates are classified into three levels based on the amount of electricity consumed.|
See below for an example of how to calculate your electricity usage:
- If you use 290kWh a month, the electric rate is as follows
- Basic Charge = ￦1,600 energy charge
- First 200kWh = 200kWh × ￦93.3 = ￦18,660
- Last 90kwh = 90kWh × ￦187.9 = ￦16,910
- VAT 10% = ￦37,170× 10% = ￦3,710
- Power Industry Fund 3.7%= ￦37,170× 3.7% = ￦1,370
- Total = ￦1,600 (Basic Charge) + ￦18,660 (First 200kWh) + ￦16,910 (last 90kWh) + ￦3,710 (VAT 10%) + ￦1,370 Total (Power Industry Fund 3.7%)= ￦42,250
How to pay your electric bills:
- Electric bills may be paid by an automatic bank transfer, direct payment either from a bank and/or 24-hour convenience stores.
- The best way to pay your bills is bringing them to AMERICA REALTY, where we will take care of your bills.